坏消息
他们的特工还是在们隐秘的地方见面了
好消息
他们用英语交谈
世界得救了

http://www.newslaundry.com/2012/10/electric-china-part-i/

本篇延续第一部份末段。

记者:Anand Ranganathan

I spend a good few hours wandering around. It is approaching late evening but families are out in their droves. They are all dancing or roller-skating or shopping. Soon it’ll be night time but no one’s in a hurry to head back home – they don’t seem to be addicted to TV debates here. New-found wealth has truly numbed the population into the trappings of the upper middle class. Even the smallest shopping mall is bigger than Delhi’s Emporio, where shop floors are little more than overflowing warehouses, and the workers of the world seem to have united under the hammer and the sickle and gone shopping.

我花了好几小时的时间到处游荡。时间已经逼近晚上,但是(中国)家庭成员们还是成群结队的聚在外面。他们全部有跳舞的、滑旱冰的、买东西的。很快晚上就要到来,但是没有人匆忙的要回家 – 这里他们似乎不沈迷看电视辩论。新发现的财富已经实际麻痹居民,而且渗透到中上阶层的装饰上。即便是最小间的购物中心也比新德里的Emporio更大间,那里的商场地板也比塞满货的仓库还要多一点。而且这个世界的工人似乎是在锤子和镰刀下团结一致,然後去购物。

Walking around Tianjin, its hotel lobbies, its massive open spaces, and another facet of this new China is revealed to me. No one here understands a word of English! Not one word. This has come as quite a shock. I was expecting – seasoned with all those documentaries of how the Chinese are learning English faster than we are forgetting Sanskrit, of how all our BPO jobs will be at risk come 2020 – I was expecting the people here to blurt quaint English phrases like “Goodness me – turned out nice and warm today, hasn’t it, dear?” at unsuspecting tourists – but nothing of the kind. Far from it, in fact. The McDonald’s staff – and they have all formed a helpful ring around me – doesn’t know what a “burger” is (I’m sure they know what it’s called in Mandarin). Worse, they are all laughing and giggling at me when I repeat the word “vegetarian” three times, each time with losing hope.

在天津到处走走,它的酒店大厅、它的巨大的开放空间,以及这个新中国的另一面都向我展现。这里竟没人懂一句英语!一个字也不懂。这已经相当震撼。我本来期待着 – 这些加料的纪录材料显示中国人学习英语的速度比我们忘记梵文还要快,而(中国人的英语优势将使)我们所有的外包业务将在2020年处於险境。我本来期待这里人脱口说出奇特的英语,像是"Goodness me(老天) – 这句现今听起来很好又温暖。不是吗,亲爱的?" 就不佳怀疑的游客来说会是如此,但是根本不是那样。还差的远,事实上,麦当劳的人员,他们都比出ok手势 – 不知道"汉堡"是什麽 (我很肯定他们知道汉堡的普通话)。更糟的是,他们一直在嘲笑并对我咯咯笑,当我说着 “vegetarian”(吃素)三次时,每一次都失去希望。

A few days later, I finally get the answer to why the Chinese don’t know a word of English. It’s because they don’t want to. Every factory, every cutting edge scientific institute or ultra-modern university I am ferried to, the signs are ominous. Metaphorically. Literally, they are all in Mandarin. The Chinese, I realise, now want the world to learn their language and not the other way round. It has finally dawned on them, the reason why the world learnt English, or French. Language is the first weapon; it’s the first of the many arrows that are let loose against unsuspecting people under the garb of global camaraderie and unity.

The Chinese understand this like the English or the French did before them. And they know this, too, that as surely as the sun rises and sets, the world will have to learn Mandarin, that they only have to endure a few more years of a befuddled visitor trying to make them understand with hand gestures what a burger is. They know that in the very near future this same visitor will walk confidently inside McDonald’s and thump the counter with his fist – like in the old Moods condom advert – and demand a “han bao”.

几天後,我终於得到为何中国人不懂英语的答案。这是因为他们不想。每一家工厂,每一个尖端的科学研究所或超现代的大学,告示牌个个都是坏兆头。隐喻上,字面上,他们全部都是用汉语(写成)。我知道中国人,现在想要世界学习他们的语言,反之则不一样(中国人不必学英语)。他们终於明白了,为何全世界学习英语,或法语。语言是第一利器;在全球情谊和团结下,让放纵去对待毫无准备的人们

中国人清楚英国人或法国人在他们之前做了。而且他们也知道这点,想必就如太阳上昇和落下一样,世界将必须学中文,他们只需要再多几年忍受像一个糊里糊涂的游客尝试用手势要他们明白汉堡是什麽。他们知道在不远的将来,这个同样的访客将自信地走进麦当劳,然後用他的拳头猛力一拍柜台 – 就像Moods陈旧的避孕套广告里的 – 并且说着要点一份"汉堡(han bao)"。

They are happy to wait.
他们是乐於等待的。
笑滚了
有次英语老师问对各地口音有没有感觉,我说,不能分辨。他想了一会儿,问,连印度的都分不出来?我赶紧说,那当然可以。
他们的口音是最难懂的,但奇妙的是,本地人听他们的口音比听重口音的中国人英语容易。
中国人普遍英语为什么没有印度好呢?
因为我们没有被殖民那么长时间
而且被殖民了那么长时间也讲不好英语……竟然还惊讶别人不懂,有点夜郎自大的意思
我真诚的觉得不是中国人不懂英语,是听不懂咖喱味的英语。。。。
咖喱味儿的英语好难懂啊,即便是广播
比日本人的英语好点,日本人作报告,基本一句没听懂
老印的还是能听懂50%的
阿三的英语真心听不懂,听了他们讲的英语,再去听美式或者英式的英语,你会发现自己的听力还是不错的~~
有一点说对了,那就是,到中国地盘上来,应该说中文,那个一个劲的迁就他们,就说明国力是落后,得把自身建设好,才有足够的吸引力,还好,现在高考语文增加了分数,英语见了分数。。。。。真怕孩子们为了学好英语把母语给忘了,印度有自己的语言吗????????
感谢所有送花给我的朋友!!!
其实,我一直觉得最神奇的是,为啥阿三们被殖民那么久那么彻底,却一点也不引以为耻……话说作为二等公民并被对方的语言和教育洗脑就这么令人自豪么……费解(或者也有反抗的,只不过影响比较小,咱们都没看到掀起的波澜吧)
鸟在笼中,恨关羽不能张飞;人在世上,要八戒更要悟空
只前听到一个网友竟然说,如果中国被殖民了可能更好,像印度就很好,我那个去!对她的天真无语!

当然我没有看不起印度的意思,不过,也确实没有很看得起的意思……

人生如梦,一尊还酹江月。
连自己的语言都失去了 能保留下来的文化也有限吧? 虽然中国也失去了很多
事实上,根本就没有吧印度人这个民族,所谓的印度人是由上千个民族组成的。
内外六夷,敢称兵仗者斩
民主社会嘛,那不就是“黑心人地掌权,无耻的人发言,没脸没皮的人抛头露面”
皇汉、普世、满遗——中国网络三大害。
返回列表