返回列表 发帖
I work in an enviroment that I am one of two Chinese for many years.  This is my opinion about this issue.
I do believe she is stereotype, just like all of us.  When we talk about Korean, Japanese, Hispanic....how we really feel about them?  Don't we use all the political correct words, but not mean it?  Americans are same.  The real problem here is how you feel about your self.  If you feel confident about yourself, when they talk bad about you,u might just laugh, just like, when a 6 year-old call you dumb, are you really gonna get mad?  But if you are not secure about yourself, you would mind a lot about the others opinion.  Yes, you can argue with prople, MAKE them shut up, MAKE them apologize, but you can not make them trully agree with you.  They don't say those thing in front of you, doesn't mean anything.  We all have to DO our best to change their view, seeing your good qualities is better than telling them about it.  So, sometimes I told my friend don't be so sensitive, because most of those americans don't mean to hurt you, they just play the usual dumb them.  Have a sense of humor.

In the mean time, I do agree that few of americans are very anti-immigrant.  They Do.  When you know more Americans, you can tell easily who are those people, who are the ones joking with you.  When you really feel you are discreminated, don't be hesitate to voice for yourself.  All the companies and schools have certain office to handle these type of cases.  But, I have to say, I have more problem due to the fact that I am woman (so man don't take you seriously) than I am a Chinese.  

After all, we should use our common sense, don't be too sensitive, also know when and how to protect us.
返回列表