返回列表 发帖

AT&T 开始收TETHERING的钱了

本来用我的手机做MODEM可以上网的, 现在他们开始不让了.  用BLUETOOTH和USB DATA都不行了.

From what ive read, anytime you want to tether, At&t wants you to buy a data plan with laptop connect, but those are usually for smartphones.  Considering that the Vu isnt a smartphone, I wouldnt bother.  ISP.CINGULAR is reserved for those plans with laptop connect.  If you want to be able to tether, you will most likely have to use WAP.CINGULAR.  Per the many forums I looked through researching this, It is not entirely legal, it violates the terms of use, and if they catch you they will try to charge you $0.05/KB as if it were a pay per use plan for every KB you use when tethering. Ive seen a few people complaining about phone bills that hit $3k.  But again, thats IF they catch you. (aka I wouldnt do all of my internet surfing with it, but checking email a few times a month should be ok)

That being said, I tried it a little just to test it.  I should have my first bill after trying it in a few days, and ill let you know if its outrageous.  If they do catch you and try to charge you, most ppl get out of it by pleading ignorance (its not a smartphone, why do i need a smartphone plan, im not paying this bill, you guys should have made it more clear that unlimited internet doesnt actually mean unlimited, etc).  After that you will either have to buy a laptop connect plan or stop tethering.  Im my case, I would stop tethering and only use its usefulness in an absolute emergency.
我也看到了.

"From what ive read, anytime you want to tether, At&t wants you to buy a data plan with laptop connect, but those are usually for smartphones.  Considering that the Vu isnt a smartphone, I wouldnt bother.  ISP.CINGULAR is reserved for those plans with laptop connect.  If you want to be able to tether, you will most likely have to use WAP.CINGULAR.  Per the many forums I looked through researching this, It is not entirely legal, it violates the terms of use, and if they catch you they will try to charge you $0.05/KB as if it were a pay per use plan for every KB you use when tethering. Ive seen a few people complaining about phone bills that hit $3k.  But again, thats IF they catch you. (aka I wouldnt do all of my internet surfing with it, but checking email a few times a month should be ok)

That being said, I tried it a little just to test it.  I should have my first bill after trying it in a few days, and ill let you know if its outrageous.  If they do catch you and try to charge you, most ppl get out of it by pleading ignorance (its not a smartphone, why do i need a smartphone plan, im not paying this bill, you guys should have made it more clear that unlimited internet doesnt actually mean unlimited, etc).  After that you will either have to buy a laptop connect plan or stop tethering.  Im my case, I would stop tethering and only use its usefulness in an absolute emergency. "
返回列表