返回列表 发帖

442: Failed to Enable Virtual Adapter with Cisco VPN Client on Vista x86

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 12:37 AM                                               
                                                                                                        UPDATED July 2008 : Please see below for updated solution to this problem
  Again and again I see people complain about this error message (e.g. CISCO VPN Client Software on Windows Vista)

This is actually a quite easy (but annoying) thing to fix. Here's the 100% reliable method I use to fix this.

• In Network Connections, right-click your Cisco Systems VPN Adapter which should be disabled and enable it      
  • Right-clickyour Cisco Systems VPN Adapter again, this time selecting "Diagnose",and you should get the following prompt (your adapter may be numbereddifferent from Local Area Connection 3)

• Select "Reset the network adapter ........ ", this will take a while (around 60 seconds on my laptop)      

• Windows will again prompt you saying the IP configuration is still invalid, ignore this and just press Cancel.
  • Go back to the Network Connections, right-click your VPN Virtual Adapter and Disable.
  • Now open Cisco VPN, and you should be able to connect without any issues.
  Theproblem will reoccur every time the connection is not cleanly closed -i.e. suspend / hibernate / loss of signal. However all you need to dois follow the above steps and it'll reset itself.
  Update:This problem has been fixed in Cisco VPN Client 5.0.03.0530. Pleasespeak to your Cisco supplier to obtain this new version. Whendisconnecting from a VPN connection it appears the new client performsthese actions for you automatically (it takes around 60 - 90 secondsnow to disconnect from the VPN session). I am unable to redistributethe client from this site - please speak to your Cisco supplier / ITTeam.

Actually, this solution might not work. You have to disable the ICS service.
这个问题比较不好解决. 我的VPN CLIENT 也是老出这个问题,我用VISTA版。
返回列表