返回列表 发帖

[教会] Where is God?

Recently, a prominent physicist made some headlines. Apparently he convinced himself that the universe according to his study does not need a creator. That conviction, along with the observation that no one has ever come forward to claim the credit for creation (but see Genesis 1:1), naturally leads to the conclusion that there is no God at all. He decides to formally sell that conclusion to the world. News as such, though not new at all (Psalms 14:1), has always been well received by the media.

The media’s fondness on this topic has its reason. Even though people kept affirm that the question about God’s existence has already been settled. The periodic news sensations of this sort just prove the opposite.

In a hide-and-seek game, the game’s over when hider’s found. Have you ever been in an awkward situation, that you hid so well that made seekers weary and bored. At certain time, if you don’t reveal yourself right away, the seeker will declare the game’s over and leave you alone in the dark. I wonder if God decide to hide, who is able to catch Him? (Isaiah 45:15; 1 Timothy 6:15-16)

But does not the Bible also say that if we seek Him, He will be found? (Proverbs 2:4-5)

If God can ever be found, who will be the most fortunate among us mortals that have the privilege of spotting Him? (Isaiah 57:15) Human intelligence alone seems inadequate, as the smartest mortal currently alive just made it clear: he found none, and the game’s over, at least for him.

It would be really boring for God if no one ever be able to find Him. In fact many people did (and this is the only thing I can boast: so do I!), and apparently God really enjoys playing with us and even gives out tons of clues. (Jeremiah 9:23)

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
Psalms 14:1 The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.
Isaiah 45:15 Truly, you are a God who hides himself, O God of Israel, the Savior.
1 Timothy 6:15-16 which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen.
Proverbs 2:4-5 If you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.
Isaiah 57:15 For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite.
Jeremiah 9:23 Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.”
返回列表