返回列表 发帖

美国女子被误诊为肾癌,切除两个肾后上星期去世。

科罗拉多州女子被误诊为肾癌,切除两个肾后上星期去世。美国人民的反应:我们都有恐怖的故事..

来源: yzout 于 2019-02-13 21:49:41 [档案] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 2190 次 (177355 bytes)
字体:调大/重置/调小 | 加入书签 | 打印 | 所有跟帖 | 加跟贴 | 当前最热讨论主题
科罗拉多州的一名73岁女子在医生错误地摘除肾脏9个月后于周五去世。 两个月前,手术误诊为癌症。
在她去世前,Linda Woolley告诉丹佛新闻台KDVR她在5月份接受了不必要的手术后,“生活完全改变了”,科罗拉多大学医院的医生在3月份告诉她,他们发现了癌症 根据病理报告她的两个肾脏。 但她后来发现报告实际上显示“没有恶性证据”,结果“与良性过程一致”。
Woolley在手术前一直过着积极的生活,在空闲时间骑马和游泳。 但医疗混乱结束了所有这一切,导致祖母每周三次进行四小时的透析治疗。
A 73-year-old woman in Colorado died on Friday, nine months after doctors wrongly removed her kidneys. The surgery followed a mistaken diagnosis of cancer two months prior.
Prior to her death, Linda Woolley told Denver news station KDVR that her “life was totally changed” after she underwent the needless surgery in May, which doctors at the University of Colorado Hospital ordered after telling her in March that they’d found cancer in both of her kidneys based on pathology reports. But she later discovered that the reports actually showed “no evidence of malignancy” from results “consistent with a benign process.”
Woolley had been leading an active life before the surgery, riding horses and swimming in her free time. But the medical mix-up put an end to all that, leading the grandmother to undergo four-hour dialysis treatments three times a week.
Archimperator7 days ago
A family friend was diagnosed with liver cancer by his doctor and basically told to go home and get his affairs in order. He was devastated. We implored him to get a second opinion which he did a few weeks later. It turned out to be a form of hepatitis that was fully treatable. That was over a decade ago and he is still alive and well. Needless to say, he switched doctors.

ReplyReplies (49) 94211

Peridot10 hours ago
I spent my entire career in the medical field and have witnessed many horror stories....a male friend died of lung cancer two weeks after being discharged with a clear chest film; a stout female friend had a mastectomy due to "cancer" which turned out to be benign. She was never told and later had the other breast removed because it's large size severely affected her posture and caused back pain; a thoracic surgeon "accidentally" remove a perfectly healthy lung, leaving the malignant lung untouched. Unfortunately, there are many more such cases throughout the country. Also, more people die from medical errors and hospital-acquired diseases than from gunfire.
Less

ReplyReplies (24) 3299

Marc7 days ago
Privacy privilege lies with the patient, not the doctor or hospital. If the patient waives the privacy rights then the doctor or hospital cannot claim privilege. They can refuse to release details if they are being sued. They have not been sued (yet) so they have no right to withhold information. This is criminal negligence causing death. Doctors are held to a higher standard when they are functioning within their role as doctors because they have expert training that make them more knowledgeable and proficient in their field than the average person. They have the skills to "know better" and if they fail to exercise proper procedures to ascertain (with a reasonable degree of accuracy) that something so serious as removing both kidneys is indeed necessary, then they have failed to meet the standard of treatment that the patient deserves. At the very least, the test to determine if cancer was present should have been performed twice before removing BOTH kidneys! This is so outrageous and heartbreaking for her family and the suffering she had to needlessly endure.
More

ReplyReplies (17) 22212

MiddleClassIndy10 hours ago
And that is why you should always get a second or even a third opinion when something major like this is being recommended. Doctors are human. They make mistakes. So do people in labs. I was told I needed open heart surgery for a value issue. Second opinion was I had a mild, non-threatening heart murmur. Did not have the surgery. That was 20 years ago.

ReplyReplies (2) 99

boogiewoman10 hours ago
Everyone needs to be their own advocate. Get second and third opinions, before making any decision. My heart goes out to Linda, her family and friends. This story is so sad. These medical folks need to have their license revoked.

ReplyReplies (21) 5174

hanina10 hours ago
I was told I had metastised bone cancer and to make my peace with it. Looked the Dr in the face and told her They made a mistake. Got dressed and walked out of the hospital. Turns out I had thyroid cancer but I'm still here to talk about it.

ReplyReplies (11) 423
这个是医生误读诊断报告,或者有意为之。 因为病人自己都在报告书中读到“没有恶性证据”。 以前有个纽约医生对200多

来源: 笑薇. 于 2019-02-14 06:35:28 [档案] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 123 次 (89 bytes)
字体:调大/重置/调小 | 加入书签 | 打印 | 所有跟帖 | 加跟贴 | 当前最热讨论主题
回答: 科罗拉多州女子被误诊为肾癌,切除两个肾后上星期去世。美国人民的反应:我们都有恐怖的故事.. 由 yzout 于 2019-02-13 21:49:41
健康病人进行癌症治疗,后来是一位护士举报,才被发现
返回列表