返回列表 发帖

[教会] New Year

As we set sail into a brand new year, we are entering into uncharted water, promising of both the excitements and the dangers, excitements of a treasure hunt and dangers of hidden rocks that may lead to shipwreck.
As human, we are synchronized with time: we cannot go back to undo our mistakes and we cannot peek forward to veer around a mischief. That leaves us at a miserable present mingled with regrets to the past and fear about the future.

In the past, people flock to fortune-telling or divination stands for help, today they substitute those with computer models and statistic methods.

Now think about this, we use our best super computers to forecast tomorrow’s weather, and not without misses. Even with that, we are still unable to forecast tomorrow’s earthquake. In financial world, no one can be sure about their investment, and therefore constantly weigh between aggressive and conservative options in managing their assets. Have you realized that insurance company exists precisely because no one knows about the future, yet everyone cares about it so much?

We are deliberately put into this situation by God, so that we may seek God (Acts 17:26-27). God controls time, including all the good and bad in it (Isaiah 45:7). The only true insurance comes from God, which in the Bible, it is called faith. As it is written, “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” (Hebrews 11:1) Believe, so that you may be able to see beyond the horizon.

Happy sailing!

Acts 17:26-27 And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us,
Isaiah 45:7 I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.
返回列表